tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Lacerda, Wellington (AFIS)" <>
Subject using SSL on standalone Tomcat - Urgent !
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 12:28:26 GMT
Hi All,

I've set up SSL on a 3.2b7 instance. Also I defined a context, say /wlss,
with a directory and a resource, say /wlss1/index.htm inside that context.

I want to configure that context in such a way that the access to
/wlss1/index.htm is only allowed if the transport is guaranteed at
confidential level(SSL). I read the spec and created this web.xml to do the

By my understanding, I'm allowing access to the resource collection "a" -
mapped to /wlss1/anything with GET or POST only through a confidential
transport - SSL.

It's not working at all. I can still access it through normal http. Am I
missing something here ?

Another question - how to impose confidential transport to the entire
context ?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Wellington Silva

View raw message