tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Leong" <daniel.le...@nettec.net>
Subject Re: Database connection pooling with tomcat
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2000 18:15:43 GMT
> What am I missing any help would be appreciated !!
>
> Question 1 Has anyone got this working ?

Yep

> Question 2 What is the best way to do connection pooling with tomcat ?

*shrug* I use PoolMan 1.4 too.

> P.S.
> I tired running the test PoolMan.jsp util page they provide and
> got this below message
> ResultSet
>
> ERROR: Unable to process query.
> Please verify that PoolMan.jar and your JDBC Driver are in your
application
> server's CLASSPATH.
> If the problem continues, try testing your database and JDBC configuration
> via PoolManSample from the command line.

Sounds like you need to put the JDBC driver .jar file and the PoolMan .jar
file into your Tomcat /lib directory.  If you're using 3.2 it'll then
automatically find it when you start Tomcat.  Also put the properties file
which defines which database / user / password the connection pool should
try and connect to.

Regards,

Dan