tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Morahg, Yoav" <Ymor...@gist.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat - Fresh data not brought forward
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2000 15:07:56 GMT
Try using the Oracle commit command to commit your changes to the database.

-Y

-----Original Message-----
From: ann patil [mailto:patilann@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 27, 2000 9:41 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Tomcat - Fresh data not brought forward

Hi,
    I have developed an application that allows insert & update
of records in the database.The problem I am facing is when I insert
or update the record the inserted or updated record is not brought
forward.

ie. If I execute the application, screen to insert the data is presented
with blank fields.I insert the data successfully than exit
the web browser and log in again try to view the inserted record
but shows screen with blank feilds as displayed at the time of
inserting.Only after I shutdown and re-start Tomcat the inserted or updated
record is shown.

Environment:

JDK 1.3 (Java)
Tomcat  (using servlet for cretaing the transaction)
Oracle8i 1.5 (Database)

Can anybody please help me out ?

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks