tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Miles Daffin" <miles.daf...@cwcom.net>
Subject Re: News Group needed desperately
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2000 00:00:43 GMT

<SNIP>

> > I am getting to the point where I will have to unsubscribe.
>
> Excuse me for asking - but why don't you just have your mail program sort
> mails from tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org into a folder and read that?
Doesn't
> differ much from a digest, and it's even more responsive...

Good plan - or workaround.

> (Having said that - I'm on several hi-traffic mailing lists and I don't
have
> the slightest problem having them all sorted into their own folder -
where's
> the big difference to newsgroups then?)

Messages are sorted into threads - I can spot, read and contribute to the
dialogic lines I am interested
in more easily. I suppose I could just search the folder by subject and
screen out those I don't want, but in a news group you can see all the
dialogue line headers, not just the ones you know of already.

Miles