tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Panagiotis Konstantinidis <pa...@hotgen.com>
Subject tomcat-servlets problem
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2000 19:07:05 GMT
  Hello everybody. I am new to using Tomcat and I have some problems. I am
using Tomcat with Apache. The problem is that I do not know how to run a
servelt (or a jsp file) using tomcat. Lets say I have a servlet
(HelloWorld.java) that I have compiled properly. How can I run it using
Tomcat? How can I configure the relevant files? I have read the FAQ and the
configuration instructions but they do not seem to work. I have tried:
http://localhost/servelts/HelloWorld (and many more combinations) but it
does not seem to work. Could anybody help me please and give me explicit
examples of how to configure the proper files and where to put the servlet
files? Is it the same if I want to run JSP files? Thank you for your time.

  Regards

   Panos