tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Julio Serje (@canada.com)" <jse...@home.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 3.1 crashes when closing ODBC connection
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 03:24:57 GMT
Hany,

I run a little site in an NT with using the  ODBC-JDBC bridge (and Tomcat 3.1...) and everything
works fine. Can you be more specific?

- What set of ODBC:JDBC drivers are you using (Use the one that comes with JDK1.3...)..
- To what type of database are you connecting

If you can send a code snippet with your connection to the database, it may help. It seems
it isn't a Tomcat pb,as it fails also with JSDK.

Julio

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Hany Hassan
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 9:45 AM
  Subject: Tomcat 3.1 crashes when closing ODBC connection

  Hi,

  I'm using tomcat 3.1 with apache on WinNT. I'm doing both Servlets, JSP and also call some
classes from the JSP files. I do creae a connection object to the ODBC. But whenever I close
the connection object tomcat crashes (shuts down) and gives an "access violation" message.
If I do not close the connection, it just works fine, but I feel it's unclean not to close
the connections.
  Could there be something wrong in what I'm doing? It also happened with another friend's
code. It could be helpful to say that when I was using the JSDK (Java Servlet Development
Kit) which comes with a simple servlet server, I had the same problem, too.

  Thank you,
  Hany Hassan