tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Moursli Nabil" <prest...@cite-sciences.fr>
Subject Re: send redirect question
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:31:55 GMT
no!
----- Original Message -----
From: Anand Prasad <aprasad@calient.net>
To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 4:04 AM
Subject: RE: send redirect question


> Craig,
>
> Is there way using RequestDispatcher or  sendReDirect()   to send a page
to
> particular frame.
>
> For example.  sendRedirect("index.html" target=_top);
>
> -_Anand
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Rick Bosch [mailto:rbosch@actv.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2000 3:32 PM
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: send redirect question
>
>
> if I have a bean that is called from a jsp and has the call
>
>         if (!(cookie.tempContains("loggedin"))){
>                 try{
>                     String
>
param=(request.getParameter("show")!=null)?"?show="+request.getParameter("sh
> ow"):"";
>                     response.sendRedirect("index.jsp"+param);
>                     commit=true;
>                 }catch(IOException e){
>                     log.write("Problem launching"+e.getMessage());
>                 }
>         }else{
>
> and in my jsp
>
> <jsp:useBean id="mybean" class="actv.login.PickDir" />
> <%
>     mybean.init( request,  response);
>     if(mybean.commit){return;}
> %>
> <html>
> <head>
>
> However we have found that some versions of ie if they mess with the back
> button and up with messed up pages (described below).
>
> 1) how can i fix it?
>
> 2) Then would you say it is not safe to redirect from a bean that you have
> pass a refrence to http response?
>
>
>
> thanks
> -rick
>
> > From: "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClanahan@eng.sun.com>
> > Reply-To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> > Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:45:46 -0800
> > To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> > Subject: Re: send redirect question
> >
> > Rick Bosch wrote:
> >
> >> we have several jsp pages that call beans.  Some beans for one reason
or
> >> another will redirect a user to another page, howver in some cases its
> >> possible for a redirect to occur and if the logic of the bean is to
> continue
> >> writing after a reddirect the client get messed up pages usually the
> >> original then some http headers and then the new page.  How is it jsp
> pages
> >> are somehow "aware" of a redirect but if i call a redirect from a bean
it
> >> seems to be ignored???
> >>
> >
> > Deep down, a JSP page is just a Java class.  And the Java language has
no
> > concept like the setjmp()/longjmp() combination of C, where you can
change
> the
> > logical flow of control with what amounts to a "go to" statement to a
> > completely
> > different method in a completely different source file.
> >
> > When you call response.sendRedirect() -- or RequestDispatcher.forward(),
> which
> > has the same basic issue -- control will ultimately be returned to your
> page
> > when the method you just called returns.  It is up to you to add a
> "return"
> > statement afterwards, to stop creating the remainder of the current
page.
> >
> > The only time that this is done for you by the container is when you use
> > <jsp:forward>, or execute a JSP custom tag that tells the container to
> skip
> > the
> > remainder of the current page.
> >
> >>
> >> thanks
> >> -rick
> >
> > Craig McClanahan
> >


Mime
View raw message