tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Miles Daffin" <miles.daf...@cwcom.net>
Subject Portability & other issues of the minute.
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2000 00:27:32 GMT
Hello to all those treading the Tomcat user trail,

1: Fully encapsulated webapps...

> > Because we're trying to write nice well-behaved webapps, we don't want
> > have to change a global setting, only a local-to-webapp setting.

Is it possible to set the access control stuff on a webapp local scope? I am
talking about the stuff currently defined in 'tomcat-users.xml'.

It would be better in my opinion.

2: Load on start up - funny numbers
e.g.
  <load-on-startup>
            -2147483646
  </load-on-startup>

Why -2147483646 here (taken from the servlet entry in main web.xml for
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.DefaultServlet)
and 5 in the example web.xml in the doc\appdev directory?

3: How can I use ANT to compile my JSPs so I can debugger them without
having to go through TOMCAT??
This would be a really useful trick. I have been trying in vain to get
Jasper to do this.

Miles