tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ritwick Dhar <ritwic...@EASTPOINT.COM>
Subject RE: tomcat-servlets problem
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2000 19:03:24 GMT
'Getting started' documentation is included with the download in the
$TOMCAT_HOME/doc directory. Its also available online at jakarta.apache.org.

 -----Original Message-----
From: Panagiotis Konstantinidis [mailto:panos@hotgen.com]
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2000 1:07 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: tomcat-servlets problem

  Hello everybody. I am new to using Tomcat and I have some problems. I am
using Tomcat with Apache. The problem is that I do not know how to run a
servelt (or a jsp file) using tomcat. Lets say I have a servlet
(HelloWorld.java) that I have compiled properly. How can I run it using
Tomcat? How can I configure the relevant files? I have read the FAQ and the
configuration instructions but they do not seem to work. I have tried:
http://localhost/servelts/HelloWorld <http://localhost/servelts/HelloWorld>
(and many more combinations) but it does not seem to work. Could anybody
help me please and give me explicit examples of how to configure the proper
files and where to put the servlet files? Is it the same if I want to run
JSP files? Thank you for your time.

  Regards

   Panos