tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ritwick Dhar <ritwic...@EASTPOINT.COM>
Subject RE: HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: Stream closed prematurely
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2000 18:21:41 GMT
Kurt,
No. Post 8008 is for the stand-alone server - I'm using apache. 8007 is the
internal port which Tomcat uses to talk to Apache (I think). I'm simply
sending my requests to 80.

William,
You may be on to something. I've tried not closing the output stream from
the client at all, but that didn't do much good. Maybe I'll try some other
things on those lines now.

Thanks
Rit

-----Original Message-----
From: William Brogden [mailto:wbrogden@bga.com]
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2000 11:27 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: Stream closed prematurely

 Does your client close the stream that writes the request or
just flush it? I seem to recall having a problem similar to this
where the solution was to not close the client's output stream
until after the complete transaction.

Ritwick Dhar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This problem is driving me nuts. I've tried debugging this, but nothing
yet.
> I was hoping someone on this list will have come accross this before.
>
> Case: I have a servlet (server) that accepts POST requests (content-type=
> application/x-ofx), and sends back a OFX response. I have another servlet
> (client), that opens a URL to the server, writes the request, and reads
the
> reponse. Simple.
>
> The problem is, the moment the client tries to call
> 'urlConn.getInputStream()' to get an inputstream from the server, I get
this
> (on the server console):
>
> HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.io.IOException: Stream closed prematurely
> java.io.IOException: Stream closed prematurely
>         at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Compiled Code)
>         at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Compiled Code)
>         at java.io.IOException.<init>(Compiled Code)
>         at

org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12RequestAdapter.readNextRequest(Comp
> iled Code)
>         at

> (Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(Compiled
Code)

--
WBB - wbrogden@bga.com
Author of Java Developer's Guide to Servlets and JSP