tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Laurens Pit" <laur...@moonshake.com>
Subject downloading Word doc
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2000 19:41:20 GMT
Hi,

Whenever I download a file using Tomcat (i.e. it uses
org.apache.tomcat.servlets.DefaultServlet) it works, except when I try to
download a Word document. Then the client side seems to get stuck. This is
reproducable on different client machines using different servers (Linux and
Sun). Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

I have also created a very simple Servlet to download a file. Works fine,
except again for Word documents. Downloading Word documents from e.g.
www.idrive.com work fine though, so it must be some servers-side thing. Can
anyone please help??

package com.nervewireless;

import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.sql.*;
import javax.servlet.*;
import javax.servlet.http.*;

public final class FileDownload extends HttpServlet
{
    public void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res)
        throws IOException, ServletException
    {
        String path = "C:\\TEMP\\" + req.getPathInfo().substring(1);
        System.out.println("PATH: " + path);

        File f = new File(path);
        InputStream  in  = new BufferedInputStream(new FileInputStream(f));

        res.setContentType("application/x-www-form-urlencoded");
        res.setContentLength((int) f.length());
        res.setHeader("Content-disposition","attachement; filename=" +
f.getName());
        OutputStream out = res.getOutputStream();

        int  sentsize = 0;
        int  readlen;
        byte buffer[] = new byte[256];

        while ((readlen = in.read(buffer)) != -1 ) {
          out.write(buffer, 0, readlen);
          sentsize += readlen;
        }

        // Success ! Close streams.