tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hany Hassan" <ha...@at-inc.net>
Subject Tomcat 3.1 crashes when closing ODBC connection
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 14:45:41 GMT
Hi,

I'm using tomcat 3.1 with apache on WinNT. I'm doing both Servlets, JSP and also call some
classes from the JSP files. I do creae a connection object to the ODBC. But whenever I close
the connection object tomcat crashes (shuts down) and gives an "access violation" message.
If I do not close the connection, it just works fine, but I feel it's unclean not to close
the connections.
Could there be something wrong in what I'm doing? It also happened with another friend's code.
It could be helpful to say that when I was using the JSDK (Java Servlet Development Kit) which
comes with a simple servlet server, I had the same problem, too.

Thank you,
Hany Hassan