tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dominique BATARD" <dbat...@sf2r.fr>
Subject Re: servlets problem is still there
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:57:12 GMT
Did you try http://localhost:8004/servlet/hi ?

Dom
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rasika
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2000 7:41 AM
  Subject: servlets problem is still there

  Hello,
  I have installed TOMCAT with Apache. I followed your user guide and then tomcat faqs to
install tomcat.
  Now I am able to run .jsp files using both tomcat as well as Apache. I can also run sample
servlet provided alongwith examples. But I cannot run my own servlet.
  I have stored itin webapps/root/web-inf/classes directory.
  I still don't understand which files need to be configured in order to run my servlets?

  I have added following block to web.xml file
  <servlet>
        <servlet-name>hi</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>hi</servlet-class>
      </servlet>
           <servlet-mapping>
          <servlet-name>hi</servlet-name>
          <url-pattern>/hi</url-pattern>
          </servlet-mapping>

  where "hi" is the name of my servlet file. But when I try to run it through browser giving
command http://localhost:8040//hi where 8040 is apache port(which I have changed ) it gives
me 404 error.

  Can you please help me in configuring files so as to run my own servlets?

  Thanks,
  Rasikaj