tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joseph George" <jos...@cse.iitk.ac.in>
Subject My Own Servlet Engine
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 16:12:50 GMT
Hi,
For my graduation project, i've decided to make a cross platform, remote administration tool
for apache. Something very similar to Warpaint(http://www.rovis.com/warpaint/) - but, i'll
be implementing it using web forms and servlets (and not perl). The first major thing to do
would be to implement a very lightweight standalone servlet engine that can serve my servlets.
This servlet engine of mine would be very very basic - supporting only the GET (and maybe
POST) method and leaving out all the fancy stuff like sessions, etc...
So, how tough would it be to develop my own servlet engine? I don't want to use an existing
servlet engine because the project would become too simple then. Any resources on the web
where i can find out how to build a servlet engine from scratch? And, any tips from the TomCat
developers :-)? Thanks.

Joseph George,
Computer Science & Engg. Dept.,
C-210, Hall 1,