tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Laurens Pit" <laur...@moonshake.com>
Subject Re: downloading Word doc
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2000 22:00:03 GMT

It could be that, however I do notice:

1. When I check with Network Monitor to see the actual bytes that are
received over the internet it shows that the Word document is send
completely. Also, the server reports that it has send the document (the
number of bytes send are equal to the size of the file). So it's not a login
page that is send, the actual file is really send.

2. Point 1 does seem to make a likely that this is a Frontpage
extensions/Office SP1 bug. Should the client solve that, or is possible that
the server could send the stuff in such a way that the bug is avoided? The
reason I ask this is because I don't have the problem with another website.
Another reason why I think it could be solved on the serverside is because
the moment I kill tomcat suddenly the client does show the Word document.

Greets,
Laurens

> Is it just word, or excel, powerpoint, etc too?  Could this be the
Frontpage
> extentions/Office SP1a bug rearing it's ugly head?  This bug causes issues
> when Word tries to download the file, but it doesn't share the same
browser
> cookies/sessions and so it gets sent to a login page or something else
> instead of the file it wants.

Can
> anyone please help??
>

> package com.nervewireless;
>
> import java.io.*;
> import java.util.*;
> import java.sql.*;
> import javax.servlet.*;
> import javax.servlet.http.*;
>
> public final class FileDownload extends HttpServlet
> {
>     public void doGet(HttpServletRequest req, HttpServletResponse res)
>         throws IOException, ServletException
>     {
>         String path = "C:\\TEMP\\" + req.getPathInfo().substring(1);
>         System.out.println("PATH: " + path);
>
>         File f = new File(path);
>         InputStream  in  = new BufferedInputStream(new
FileInputStream(f));