tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rasika" <...@silicomp.com.sg>
Subject difficulty in running servlets
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2000 06:11:02 GMT
Hello,
I have installed TOMCAT with Apache. I followed your user guide and then tomcat faqs to install
tomcat.
Now I am able to run .jsp files using both tomcat as well as Apache. I can also run sample
servlet provided alongwith examples. But I cannot run my own servlet.
I have stored itin webapps/root/web-inf/classes directory.
I still don't understand which files need to be configured in order to run my servlets?

I have added following block to web.xml file
<servlet>
      <servlet-name>hi</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>hi</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

where "hi" is the name of my servlet file. But when I try to run it through browser giving
command http://localhost:8040//hi where 8040 is apache port(which I have changed ) it gives
me 404 error.

Can you please help me in configuring files so as to run my own servlets?

Thanks,
Rasikaj