tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Teófilo Alonso Marbán" <...@eam.es>
Subject Server timeout & IllegalMonitorStateException
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:44:26 GMT
Hi folks!

I'm making a JSP performance test using apache's ab (a client and a server within the same
network) in two different situations:
a) running tomcat
b) running tomcat with apache + mod_jk

When I'm testing tomcat (without apache) everything seems to go OK but after 7 or 8 times
I get a message "Server time out. Operation now in progress" and Tomcat hangs. I'm getting
about 125 requests/sec (except for the first time).

I get only 0.75 requests/sec when I'm testing tomcat + apache with the same test and I get
the same message after two or three tries. But there is one difference: Tomcat doesn't hang
(not always).

Do you know where the message "server time out" comes from? ab? apache? tomcat?

I get also something like
   java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: JVMLK008: current thread not owner
        at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java(Compiled Code))
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.Queue.pull(Queue.java(Compiled Code))
        at org.apache.tomcat.logging.LogDaemon$1.run(TomcatLogger.java(CompiledCode))
        at org.apache.tomcat.logging.LogDaemon.run(TomcatLogger.java(Compiled Code))
but not very frecuently.
Is it a misconfiguration problem or is a problem of the jvm?

I'm using   tomcat3.2b8 + mod_jk
                apache1.3.14
                IBMJava2-SDK-1.3-2.0
                RedHat6.2