tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pierre Métras <gen...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Connection reset by peer on image rollover
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:20:20 GMT
Hi

A new problem appeared recently on my Tomcat 3.2B6 + Struts 0.5 application.
I am experiencing more and more "Connection reset by peer" exceptions.

Could it be:
- A bug in my code, though I don't remind big changes and it seems to appear
in all the pages, even those untouched...
- A new feature in the new SP1 for Internet Explorer 5.5 and incompatibility
with tomcat.
- A normal behaviour...

I've traced the problem where I can sometimes reproduce it to some image
rollover buttons. From my understanding, if the the mouse fires a image
change in the rollover, the browser should change the image without the need
for a new connection to the server as all the images have been loaded in its
cache.

I've tried to reproduce the problem with Nestcape 6 Beta 2 but it doesn't
fire on the rollover buttons. And the final version of Netscape 6 doesn't
want to setup on my PC!

Here is the exception stack:
2000-11-16 11:59:28 - PoolTcpEndpoint: Endpoint
ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8080] ignored exception:
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer -
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:413)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:243)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:222)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:
286)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:393)
        at
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I can't explain the addresses and port parameter for ServerSocket.

Could someone share some light with me?

Pierre Métras