tomcat-users mailing list archives

From 1..@novagate.com
Subject directory listings
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2000 15:56:51 GMT
Hi,
We are running Tomcat 3.1 with apache and the mod_jserv pass through thing.
Question is that, when I make a request to a subdirectory in our app without
specifying the file ( URL/directory/ ) we get back a directory listing that
looks like its being served by Tomcat (at the bottom it says "Tomcat Web Server
v3.1"). Now in server.xml we removed the HttpConnectionHandler so tomcat won't
serve http requests.

I guess I don't understand why apache does not see the directory index request
and deny the viewing?

Also, we want to run some cgi-bin perl scripts in conjuntion with tomcat, and
in our apache config we have the standard Alias /cgi-bin/ setup however this
does not work, and seems to pass back the 404 saying it can't be found, instead
of apache handling this.