tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Patrick Liechty" <patri...@corbanware.com>
Subject Apache is writing 800\n to servlet response outputstream.
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:07:38 GMT
I have Apache 1.3 with Tomcat 3.1 running on Linux.  I have a weird problem
where I use Tomcat to download an image file to a non browser client.  I
open the HttpServletResponse.getOutputStream() into a DataOutputStream.  I
proceed to write the image to the stream.  I look at the image after it has
been downloaded and it has "800\n" characters about every 1000 bytes.  This
same code ran fine in JServ with Apache.

I got Apache out of the way by hitting Tomcat directly on port 8080 and the
image downloaded perfectly without the "800\n" characters.

Please help.

Patrick Liechty
Corban Software