tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Rudnicki <jdr5l...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: jar placement (clarification needed)
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 07:53:56 GMT
> When you tried this, had you created a context named myApp
> in the server.xml file?  It is that context that associates
> jar files in webapps/myApp/WEB-INF/lib with the deployment
> descriptor in webapps/myApp/WEB-INF/web.xml

While that might resolve the problem, it strikes me as wrong.  I was under
the impression that the intent is that a .war is dropped in webapps/ and the
engine takes care of the rest.  You can see the contexts (contexti?) being
automatically created at startup.  If you have to edit server.xml, that
implies priviledges people would not have on some hosting services.

Jim