tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject Requesting / hangs Tomcat with no static interceptor?
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2000 16:28:50 GMT
I'm using Tomcat 3.2b7 (also happens under 3.2b6) and I'm trying to run
a slightly cut-down version. In particular, I don't want to serve any static
files, show any directories etc.

I thought that to do this, I could remove the line:

<RequestInterceptor className="org.apache.tomcat.request.StaticInterceptor" />

from server.xml.

Unfortunately, this seems to mean that a request for / on the server sends
Tomcat into a tight loop (Java takes up 99% of my CPU).

Any ideas? Is removing the StaticInterceptor just a really bad idea?

Win2K, JDK1.3 btw.

Jon