From: Nathan Wilhelmi [mailto:NWilhelmi@kore.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 11:36 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Getting the examples running

Thanks for the response all -

Here is my tomcat.bat file:

:gothome

rem Set up the CLASSPATH that we need

set cp=%CLASSPATH%

set CLASSPATH=.
set CLASSPATH=%TOMCAT_HOME%\classes
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\webserver.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\jasper.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\xml.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\servlet.jar
set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar
echo setclasspath for tools.jar

:startServer
echo Starting tomcat in new window
echo Using classpath: %CLASSPATH%
start java %TOMCAT_OPTS% -Dtomcat.home="%TOMCAT_HOME%" org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
goto cleanup

===
It looks to me like it is setting the class path to tools.jar. When Tomcat starts I also tools.jar listed in the class path. Any ideas what I'm still doing wrong.