tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joe Laffey <...@laffeycomputer.com>
Subject Re: Using Tomcat on a Mac
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2000 22:44:07 GMT
On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Christian Rauh wrote:

> Dear People,
>
> Our webserver is on a Mac, running Apache 1.3.9. We now need to use
> Servlets and JSP, our first choice is Tomcat, but the jserv module
> hasnīt been ported to Mac.
>
> What would be a suggestion to run the servlets in this configuration?

Are your unning Mac OS X or Mac OS X Server? If you are (i.e. not 8.x or
9.x) then you can run Tomcat with no problem. Download the Tomcat source
distribution and the run apxs like in the docs. It compiles fine (upgrade
to apache 1.3.14, which autodetects OS X and confiures as easily as any
other UN*X.)

Obviously you need the compiler installed (developer.apple.com free
download).

Joe Laffey
LAFFEY Computer Imaging
St. Louis, MO
With no walls or fences on the Internet, who needs Windows or Gates?