tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Duane Gran <rag...@spinweb.net>
Subject JSP location question
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 19:55:59 GMT
I am having a little problem getting JSP files to execute in a somewhat
arbitrary location.  I'm using Tomcat 3.2b6 and the problem is slightly
related to integrating Apache and Tomcat so that they have a similar
DocumentRoot and root context.

In a nuthsell, I would like to be able to pull up http://<host>/file.jsp
where file.jsp exists in the webapps directory.  In tandem, I would like
the webapps directory to be the DocumentRoot, which I have setup with no
problems.

I have the following context defined which I expected to do the trick:

  <Context path=""
    docBase="/usr/local/apache/sites/tomcat.spinweb.net/webapps"
    debug="9"
    reloadable="true" >
  </Context>

When I pull up a JSP in the webapps directory (snoop.jsp) I get a 404
error and the following debugging output:

2000-10-16 03:45:12 - Ctx( tomcat.spinweb.net: ): Get real path /snoop.jsp
/usr/local/apache/sites/tomcat.spinweb.net/webapps/snoop.jsp
/usr/local/apache/sites/tomcat.spinweb.net/webapps

The ultimate goal is to be able to have JSP, PHP and static html files in
webapps and to have Servlet class files under the webapps/servlets
directory.  Is this sort of integration possible or practical?  If I'm
going about this in a less than ideal way, I would be glad to hear from
others who may be trying similar things.

Duane Gran