tomcat-users mailing list archives

From kenneth topp <cau...@prodigy.net>
Subject Re: Using jikes
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 15:29:13 GMT

Hi,

Hopefully this will be fixed or a FAQ, because 3.2b4 has a issue using
jikes.

1) ${tomcat.home}/conf/web.xml is never read
  (on unix use: "ls -lu web.xml" to verify (note the 'u', ie: 'man ls').

2) settings are compiled in.

3) To fix (hack style), uncomment line about jikes (~ line 53) in :
    org.apache.tomcat.context.WebXmlReader (in webserver.jar)

4) recompile rejar, and rejoice, as it brings tomcat 3.2 back to tolerable
jsp compiling times.

Good luck,

Kenneth Topp