tomcat-users mailing list archives

From kenneth topp <cau...@prodigy.net>
Subject Re: Eleminating 8080 port for xml!
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2000 04:23:44 GMT

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Falcon cheetah wrote:

>  Great!
>
> I replaced my old statement with yours i.e. JkMount /*.xml ajp12 and
> restarted. Everything seems to work fine. I tested the servlets,

glad I was able to help somebody ;)

> jsp, and xml's from all my contexts and looks like it worked. But I do
> not understand what you said about the mime/type issues! If you'd like
> to direct me to somewhere I can get more info? Also looks like
> everyone is mentioning the jk_post_config NULL issue. I get this
> message, but nothing seems wrong, not even an error logged into the
> mod_jk.log.

Well, it seems that you haven't run into the mime issue that I was having.
It was essentially, I created a new extention ".blah" and I wanted to map
that to text/html, but there is (apparently) no opportunity to do this in
web.xml.  I ended up just setting this in my servlet, I suspect I could
have done it apache side as well.  I had to switch my DefaultType to
text/html due to .jsp comming up as text/plain.  This may be some apache
mod_mime_magic issues, as I have blank lines in the tops of my .jsp
due to:
---top of my .jsp files--
<%@ class=something %>
<% some initial code  %>

In any case, my issues were odd, and I found reasonable configurations
that made it work.  So I'm happy.

as for the jk_post_config NULL thing, it's pretty confusing printout,
especially when people are trying to get things working.  It's just a
debug printout.  Hopefully it will get cleaned up soon.

Kenneth Topp