tomcat-users mailing list archives

From kenneth topp <cau...@prodigy.net>
Subject Re: Eleminating 8080 port for xml!
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2000 00:54:44 GMT

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Falcon cheetah wrote:

> I am running Apache 1.3.12 with Tomcat 3.2.4 and Cocoon 1.7.4.
>
> I found in the installation example on xml.apache.org/cocoon a tip on
> how to make cocoon work without the 8080 port.
>
> now I can do http://localhost/_xml/working/index.xml before I had to
> go http://localhost:8080/_xml/working/index.xml whichi si not nice.
>
> Anyway. The trick was to add
>
> AddHandler jserv-servlet .xml to the config file. I have it in
> httpd.conf and it works fine. Now I am thinking to move to mod_jk.so
>
> but this guy does not understand the jserv-servlet part! what is
> mod_jk called? In otherwords, I need to replace this AddHandler with
> another that mod_jk would understand.

JkMount /*.xml ajp12
              ^^^^^^^
This may be different for your site.

You also may have a mime/type issue.. It's unclear (via the docs) how you
should straighten that out (if it doesn't work).  But that's the next
problem.  This should fix your first problem.

This is assuming that you are using mod_jk and not mod_jserv (both of
which work with tomcat).

Good luck,

Kenneth Topp