tomcat-users mailing list archives

From kenneth topp <cau...@prodigy.net>
Subject Re: Getting there... but how to stop automatic contexts?
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2000 19:07:37 GMT

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Paul Hoepfner-Homme wrote:

> Hey guys, I decided to give up on the mod_jk thing (I could spend months
> on that, I bet), and go back to Tomcat 3.1 instead of 3.2beta4 using

what was the problem.. I just signed on this list.

with mod_jk, I needed to apply this documented here:

 http://www.metronet.com/~wjm/tomcat/FromFeb11/msg03420.html

Maybe it works for you.

> JServ to connect with Apache.  That works fine, but I notice that when
> Tomcat starts, it shows these messages (in addition to the standard
> context init messages):
>
> Context log: path="/admin" Automatic context load
> docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/admin"
> Context log: path="/admin" Adding context path="/admin"
> docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/admin"
> Context log: path="/template" Automatic context load
> docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/template"
> Context log: path="/template" Adding context path="/template"
> docBase="/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/template"
>
> /admin and /template are just some directories that I have in /webapps,
> but I don't want Tomcat to automatically mount these contexts, only the
> ones I have defined in server.xml.  Is there a way to stop Tomcat from
> automatically mounting them, and only to mount the ones I tell it to
> explicitly in server.xml?

Uh, I haven't browsed that area of the code, but can't you just move those
directories out of webapps?  I'm certain that this is the best solution to
the problem.  auto contexts is what webapps is all about.

Kenneth Topp