tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Bruce Lynes <dlyn...@home.com>
Subject Re: JSP help
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 15:14:30 GMT
On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Simon Lam wrote:

> Hi!
> 	I tried to invoke a Bean from JSP. I made it work only if I put the Bean classes in
my system classpath. But then I found that Bean classes couldn't be auto-reloaded. How can
I make Tomcat auto-reload my Bean classes used in JSP? Thanks in advance.

Ni hao ma?

There's a certain hierarchy your webapp should follow, or you need to do a lot
of extra work (haven't investigated how to do it, when the tree structure isn't
followed yet.)

webapps/project
webapps/project/jsp
webapps/project/WEB-INF
        --- Beans class directory ---
webapps/project/WEB-INF/classes
webapps/project/WEB-INF/classes/path.to.your.package.classes
webapps/project/WEB-INF/lib <-- your jars, wars, ears, and zips
webapps/project/WEB-INF/servlets <-- your servlets
webapps/project/WEB-INF/web.xml <-- your project info
webapps/project/META-INF <-- usually created from a jar, war, or ear

Zāijiān! :)