tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Farley <ch...@northernbrewer.com>
Subject Re: HELP: tomact.sh[3.1]+FreeBSD ok on command line but not on boot
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 23:51:19 GMT

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Paul Sharpe wrote:

> Christopher Farley wrote:
> >
> > I'm running FreeBSD 4.1 RELEASE, and I do not have to start tomcat by hand
> > after a reboot. I start Apache first, then start Tomcat, with no sleeps at
> > all.
> >
> > I pipe all the output to /dev/null, so I never noticed a problem with
> > STDOUT/STDERR.
>
> Do you start things from /usr/local/etc/rc.d or /etc/rc.local?

I start it from /usr/local/etc/rc.d. Here's my script, not universally
applicable, but it works for me:

#!/usr/local/bin/bash
# Starts the webserver, including Tomcat
source /root/.bashrc
[ -x /usr/local/sbin/apachectl ] && /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start >/dev/null
&& echo -n ' apache'
/bin/sh /usr/local/tomcat/bin/startup.sh >/dev/null && echo -n ' tomcat'

We recently had a power outage, and when the power came on Apache and
Tomcat both went back up, so I was pleased.