tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Farley <ch...@northernbrewer.com>
Subject Re: HELP: tomact.sh[3.1]+FreeBSD ok on command line but not on boot
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 16:39:34 GMT

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> I can confirm this phenomenon under FreeBSD 5.0-current of
> yesterday. My /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh looks
> like:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> export JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.1.8
> /usr/local/build/tomcat/bin/startup.sh
> sleep 3
> /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start
>

> (You see the defensive sleep3 there, but still I have to do a tomcat
> start by hand after reboot).

I'm running FreeBSD 4.1 RELEASE, and I do not have to start tomcat by hand
after a reboot. I start Apache first, then start Tomcat, with no sleeps at
all.

I pipe all the output to /dev/null, so I never noticed a problem with
STDOUT/STDERR.

----
Christopher Farley
Northern Brewer / 1150 Grand Avenue / St. Paul, MN 55105
www.northernbrewer.com