tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Karl.Key...@peoplelink.com
Subject J2SE and tomcat
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2000 08:49:43 GMT
I'm setting up Tomcat w/ Apache webserver under a jdk 1.3 environment, but
having a few problems with "ClassDefNotFound" errors popping up here and
there, most of which were caused by libraries not in the classpath.

I'm wondering if there are any other problems I should  be aware of that
are related to moving to jdk1.3. I know that moving from java 1.1.x to 1.2
caused a few not-so minor changes in the Tomcat runtime environment, I'd
like to hear from anyone else who's using 1.3 to see if there's anything
else I should be aware of that's not in the doc's. Has anyone else here had
any problems with a setup similar to this? Thanks,

-Karl

Karl Keyton
Network Operations
PeopleLink, Inc.
http://www.peoplelink.com

 "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they
 don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the
 views, which can be uncomfortable, if you happen to be one of the facts
 that needs altering." -Dr. Who