tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aaron Knauf" <Aar...@geniesystems.com>
Subject RE: Apache/Tomcat Setup on Win2000 Professional
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:32:34 GMT
I run Tomcat 3.1 Final on win2k at work.  I can say with certainty that it
works.  If I were you, I would not run tomcat in a directory that has
spaces in its pathname.  While this can work, You always have to be so
damn careful with your quoting that I find it is not worth the effort.

Another piece of free advice (and we know what they say about free
advice,) is to run tomcat as a service.  There is an excellent howto for
achieving this in the docs directory.  If you run tomcat as a service,
then all your environment setup for tomcat is explicitly set in the
wrapper.properties file - so you can stuff up your classpath and system
path as much as you like without breaking tomcat.

Good luck - post back some more info on your configuration if you still
have trouble.

Aaron Knauf
Systems Integrator
Genie Systems Ltd