tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mirek.Su...@intax.cz
Subject Re: JavaBean at JSP
Date Tue, 24 Oct 2000 12:17:15 GMT

Hi Kurt,

thank you (and Gorazd Bozic) very much for your explanation, now I
understand it! (I hope).

I think, I will use this idea (for example):

1) to have the only (!) context defined at server.xml (/usr/adissys/pok_JSP
), because I do not want to change server.xml often (!);
2) to have more subdirectories under docBase (that is SA, SB, SC, SD, ...
under directory /usr/adissys/pok_JSP);
3) to have various JSP pages at these subdirectories (SA/mestoA.jsp,
SB/mestoB.jsp, ...);
4) to have WEB-INF\classes\mesto (with JavaBeans for JSP pages) under
/usr/adissys/pok_JSP;
5) to call these JSP pages so:
     5a) http://intax5:8080/pok_JSP/SA/mestoA.jsp;
     5b) http://intax5:8080/pok_JSP/SB/mestoB.jsp;
     5c) http://intax5:8080/pok_JSP/SC/mestoC.jsp;

     Have a nice day.

          Mirek Subrt

                    Kurt Bernhard
                    Pruenner             To:     tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
                    <leak@gmx.at>        cc:
                                         Subject:     Re: JavaBean at JSP
                    24.10.2000
                    13:03
                    Please
                    respond to
                    tomcat-user

Mirek.Subrt@intax.cz wrote:
> I want to have my JSP page mesto.jsp at some directory and my JavaBean
> Mesto.class at directory under it (at WEB-INF/classes/mesto). Is this my
> demand not standard? That is, must I to have JSP page and JavaBean at the
> same directory? Or must I define context (at server.xml) for any
> subdirectory, where I want to place my JSP pages?

> server.xml:
> **********
>
> <Context path="/pok_JSP"
>          docBase="/usr/adissys/pok_JSP"
>          debug="9"
>          reloadable="true" >
> </Context>

Well, the WEB-INF directory always has to be in the docBase directory you
specify for your context, as the classes and libraries in it are shared by
the
whole context (which would be "/pok_JSP" in your case). It might be
possible
to do what you want by using

<Context path="/pok_JSP/SB/vzor"
         docBase="/usr/adissys/pok_JSP/SB/vzor"
         debug="9"
         reloadable="true" >
</Context>

but I (anyone?) haven't ever tried this...

Hope this helps. :)

--
Kurt Pruenner - Haendelstrasse 17, 4020 Linz, Austria | Briareos at Olymp
BBS: