tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mirek.Su...@intax.cz
Subject Installing Tomcat under JDK 1.1.8
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:02:49 GMT
Can you help me with this problem?

I want to install Tomcat 3.2 beta 6 to unix (AIX 4.1), where I have JDK
1.1.8.

Last week I have installed Tomcat 3.2 beta 6 to my PC  (where I have JDK
1.2.2) and everything is OK.

But now - on AIX with JDK 1.1.8 - there are problems:

1) I have installed JAXP 1.1 Early Access: OK;
2) I have installed Ant (jakarta-ant): OK;
3) I have installed jakarta-servletapi: OK;
4) I have tried to install jakarta-tomcat, but

after the command "build" at directory jakarta-tomcat
compilation have started (211 classes compiled) and then the compilation
stopped with error:

[javac]
/usr/adissys/tomcat/3.2beta6/jakarta-tomcat/src/share/org/apache/tomcat/core/ContextManager.java:335:
               Method setProperty(java.lang.String, java.lang.String) not
found in class java.lang.System.
[javac] System.setProperty("tomcat.sessionid.randomclass", randomClass);

I know that System.setProperty is not supported under JDK 1.1.8, but how is
possible, that this method is used in code, when Tomcat need not JDK 1.2.2?

Or Tomcat does need JDK 1.2.2 and under JDK 1.1.8 is impossible to install
Tomcat?
Or Tomcat can be install under JDK 1.1.8, but only Tomcat 3.1 (and not
Tomcat 3.2 beta 6)?

     Please, help me

                        Mirek Subrt