tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dharani.Ramamoor...@seagate.com
Subject Re: contextAdmin vs. servlet.xml question
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:43:28 GMT

Hi,
I have the same problem but will little variation. I use tomcat 3.1 on a
redhat linux with Apache. I edit the server.xml tile to create a context
which is not under the tomcat directory  tree. When I start tomcat, a new
tomcat-apache.conf is recreated but this time the Alias for my web app is
pointing a directory underneath tomcat directory structure.
I manually edit the generated tomcat-apache.conf to fix the Alias to point
to the correct path and then restart Apache. But this is not the permanent
solution.

Few other people posted( See my post dated 10/16 subject: setting up a web
application in Tomcat under my home directory instead in the tomcat
hierarychy ) on the same issue but I didn't see any definitive relpy to
solve this problem.

Regards
Dharani R
Seagate