tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject RE: Installing Tomcat under JDK 1.1.8
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:34:45 GMT

I know that "jdk 1.2.2 is Java2 but jdk 1.1.8 is earlier version of Java",

at file jakarta-tomcat.tar.Z
is file Readme, where is written:

"* Download and install a version 1.1 or later Java Development Kit
implementation for your operating system platform.  ".

So can I believe to it or no?

I have to use JDK 1.1.8 because we have this versions installed at much
places and is not possible immediately to upgrade to JDK 1.3.

So, can Tomcat 3.2 beta 6 be installed under JDK 1.1.8 or not?

     Mirek Subrt

                    Vazquez              To:     <>
                    <vazquezf@auc        cc:
          >            Subject:     RE: Installing Tomcat under JDK
                    respond to

I think you are wrong....
jdk 1.2.2 is Java2 but jdk 1.1.8 is earlier version of Java.
but I think the best way to install it is using jdk 1.3 following the
instructions in jakarta homepage.

get lucky