tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dharani.Ramamoor...@seagate.com
Subject setting up a web application in Tomcat under my home directory instead in the tomcat directory
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2000 21:59:47 GMT
Hi
I successfully setup web applications to work under tomcat webapps
directory. But I am interested in setting up a web application under my
home/user directroy. So I added a contex tag in the server.xml as .

 <Context path="/testweb" docBase="/home/testusr/napaweb" debug="0" reloadable="true" >
  </Context>

So when I stop and start tomcat and apache, a tomcat-apache.conf is automatically created
by Tomcat engine. That file contains the following lines.

Alias /testweb /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/testweb
<Directory "/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/testweb">
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

Look at the alias tag. The path is generated as if my testapp web application is in the tomcat
webapps directory. Even though
I mentioned in the server.xml file my testapp path is in /home/testusr/napaweb, tomcat-apche.conf
created the Alias as
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/testweb.

How should I fix this problem. Is this a bug in tomcat or am I doing something incorrectly.

Thank you

Regards,
Dharani Ramamoorthy
Seagate Technologies Inc.