tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "???" <waste...@secure1.co.kr>
Subject RE: property files
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2000 08:42:27 GMT
When using property file, it is good  to adding CLASSPATH env variable.
When u do this, it is important to adding up to directory name which contains property file,
not including
file name.
ex)/usr/local/income/db.properties <---If u want this file as property file.
Add into system file, set CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/usr/local/income, not /usr/local/income/db.properties.

Good Luck,
regards
Choi. (South Korean)
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Kunal Shah [mailto:kunal@einfochips.com]
  Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2000 2:41 PM
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Subject: property files

  Hi all,
  I am using tomcat for developing application in jsp and servlet.

  I am using java's resource bundle class for reading property files at runtime.
  In servlet it works if i place the property file in the same directory.
  However if i place property file in jsp directory to read it in jsp file, it throws exception
that , property file not found .
  I also placed it in my classpath but no luck.

  One more try i did is like this.

  In the example directory, some servlets are using property files. I append my property variables
and values over there and try to call that property file. But the result is same. No luck.

  Only just because of property file , i have to move on to some other server.
  Pls guide me , what should i do.

  Thanks in advanced.

  Kunal