tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Shevland" <shevla...@kpi.com.au>
Subject RE: How to tell if request came via HTTPS?
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2000 21:54:34 GMT
request.getAuthType()?

This returns "BASIC" or "SSL" according to the servlet 2.1 specification
(Tomcat may not return this correctly in 3.1). In all fairness though James,
this is just a basic method of the API which a quick download of the 2.1
JavaDocs would give you (which is what I just had to do ;)

The maxim? 'Coders help those that help themselves ;)'

Cheers,
Joe