tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Joe Shevland" <shevla...@kpi.com.au>
Subject RE: name based virtual hosts for many domains
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2000 01:59:11 GMT
> System has 1GB of RAM and dual 600mhz P3's. Think that could handle 50?

Doubtful :) Here's one line item from 'top' under FreeBSD 3.5:

  PID USERNAME  PRI NICE  SIZE    RES STATE    TIME   WCPU    CPU COMMAND
21477 root       18   0 72332K  6408K pause   17:18  0.00%  0.00% java

so it chews up a fair bit. Other than that though, I think it would be overkill... see below
though.

> Do you know where I can find documentation on the virtual host support in
> 3.2b+?

Here's a reference that was posted recently that I haven't had time to investigate:

http://www.sfu.ca/~rslifka/tomcat/tomcat-apache-howto.html#virtual_hosting

Cheers,
Joe