tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Byrne" <...@saxy.com.au>
Subject RE: Win98 & Tomcat 3.1 - Starts to launch but then exists???
Date Sun, 29 Oct 2000 17:24:01 GMT
Have you got the PATH set so that the dos prompt can access the Java
executable?

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Len, Peter [mailto:plen@orionsci.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2000 12:12 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Win98 & Tomcat 3.1 - Starts to launch but then exists???

Hello,

I am running Tomcat 3.1 on my Win98 box. When I run either 'startup' or
'tomcat start' it looks like it tries to start it but then quickly
exists.  My DOS window gets the 2 echos statements:

Starting tomcat in new window
Using classpath: .........

The next line was to call:
   java .... org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat

At this point a new DOS window appears for a fraction of a second and
then exists.

DOes anyone know why it is doing this?  I have my TOMCAT_HOME and
JAVA_HOME variables set in my autoexec.bat file.

Thanks for your help,

Peter Len