tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Thompson" <gtho...@insurity.com>
Subject RE: Ok, then where might one find mod_jk?
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2000 21:37:15 GMT
What version of mod_jk?

What os?

I used '/usr/sbin/apxs -o mod_jk.so -I ../jk/ -I /usr/java/include -I
/usr/java/include/linux *.c ../jk/*.c'

I was able to get it to work on RHL, apache 1.3, mod_jk (using auto config
file), tomcat 3.2 beta4.

I looked at the new nightly builds and noticed the jk dir is now common?
Try using ../common instead of ../jk.

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: paul@oven.com [mailto:paul@oven.com]On Behalf Of Paul
Hoepfner-Homme
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2000 4:10 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Ok, then where might one find mod_jk?

I guess nobody has any suggestions for my problem of getting Tomcat to
run a servlet... (though it seems like a pretty common thing someone
might want to do with a servlet runner, but hey...)

So I found this other document in the Tomcat documentation that says
that I should be using mod_jk instead of mod_jserv, and it gives good
reasons for it too.  The URL of this HOWTO is at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/mod_jk-howto.html.
The first step to install mod_jk is to compile it, which doesn't seem
like a big deal.

I downloaded the source code for my version of Apache, went to the
Apache source directory and typed the command
	apxs -o mod_jk.so -c *.c ../jk/ *.c -I ../jk/
as it says in that HOWTO.  Obviously this doesn't work because there is
no directory "../jk/".  Furthermore, I think the command should be
	apxs -o mod_jk.so -c *.c ../jk/*.c -I ../jk/
(that is, without the space between ../jk/ and *.c) but this makes no
difference since I don't have a directory ../jk/, let alone with .c
files inside it.  So I presume that I don't have the source code of
mod_jk (I figured it maybe came with Apache, since the mod_jk HOWTO only
says I need the Apache source).

There is no link in this piece of documentation that tells you where one
can download mod_jk.  I even searched on AltaVista and found nothing.

Any pointers would be very greatly appreciated!!  This is my third day
trying to get Tomcat to run a webmail application :(

Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul Hoepfner-Homme