tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ed Gomolka" <egomo...@ausinfo.com>
Subject RE: Getting the examples running
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:50:51 GMT
There's a file called tools.jar that must be in your classpath.
Add a line to your "tomcat.bat file", as follows:

set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar

Ed
  I'm new to Tomcat / Apache and trying to get the example JSP pages
working. I'm running W2K, Tomcat 3.1, and JDK 1.3 installed. I thought I
followed the configuration instructions correctly. I can see the static page
listing the examples, but when I try to run one of the example pages I get
and error:

  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
          at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.SunJavaCompiler.compile(SunJavaCompiler.java:128)
          at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.LoadJSP(JspServlet.java:413)

  What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it?