tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ed Gomolka" <egomo...@ausinfo.com>
Subject RE: Getting the examples running
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2000 21:43:22 GMT
Your classpath statements look good. The only thing that I can advise at
this point is to doublecheck your JAVA_HOME value, and ensure
that it's pointing to the right place. I have sometimes seen cases where
JAVA_HOME was pointing to the JRE, but the JAR file was in the JDK's
Java lib directory. I have also seen the opposite case.
If that's not it, then I'm out of ideas.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Nathan Wilhelmi [mailto:NWilhelmi@kore.com]
  Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2000 11:36 AM
  To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
  Subject: RE: Getting the examples running

  Thanks for the response all -

  Here is my tomcat.bat file:

  :gothome

  rem Set up the CLASSPATH that we need

  set cp=%CLASSPATH%

  set CLASSPATH=.
  set CLASSPATH=%TOMCAT_HOME%\classes
  set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\webserver.jar
  set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\jasper.jar
  set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\xml.jar
  set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\servlet.jar
  set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar
  echo setclasspath for tools.jar

  :startServer
  echo Starting tomcat in new window
  echo Using classpath: %CLASSPATH%
  start java %TOMCAT_OPTS% -Dtomcat.home="%TOMCAT_HOME%"
org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
  goto cleanup

  ===
  It looks to me like it is setting the class path to tools.jar. When Tomcat
starts I also tools.jar listed in the class path. Any ideas what I'm still
doing wrong.