tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew A. Overlund" <moverl...@enterpro-software.com>
Subject RE: Another unable to compile problem (but a bit different).
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2000 18:53:25 GMT
Check your classpath in your startup script.  I first tried setting the
JAVA_HOME variable, and then adding the
JAVA_HOME\lib dir to the classpath, but was unsuccessful until I added the
rt.jar to the classpath explicitly.
Also the tools.jar must be added (from the jdk).  Being concerned about the
distribution license of the jdk, or
lack of it, I wanted to avoid using that.  As such I am now running the
3.2b6 with jikes compiler enabled, and
rt.jar in the classpath, and the tools.jar is no longer required.

Matthew A. Overlund
  -----Original Message-----
  From: David Cittadini [mailto:David.Cittadini@blackmarble.com]
  Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2000 10:09 AM
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Subject: Another unable to compile problem (but a bit different).

  I am using Tomcat 3.1 on Windows NT.  When I try to access my JSPs I get
the following error.  However, if I manually compile the *.java files
created by Tomcat and copy them to a location in my classpath the JSPs work
fine.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

  Thanks.

  Internal Servlet Error:

        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.loadJSP(JspLoader.java:297)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java:137)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:148)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:247)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:352)
        at
        at
        at
onnectionHandler.java:160)
        at
)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
  Root cause:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Unable to load class
admin._0005cadmin_0005cclassUndeploy_0002ejspclassUndeploy_jsp_0
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.findClass(JspLoader.java:205)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.loadClass(JspLoader.java:158)
        at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspLoader.loadJSP(JspLoader.java:295)