tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "jhager" <jha...@isitedesign.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 4.0 Milestone 2 - Trying to run it
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:30:49 GMT

That's right, this always happens for me at least. The best solution is to
simply go into the jarkata-tomcat-4.0-m1-src/webapps folder and run the
build script, then copy the dist/webapps folder into the tomcat-4.0/ and
you'll be fine.  The uber-build script crashes with the webapps folder every
time...

-----Original Message-----
From: Lujo, Rodrigo [mailto:rlujo@harris.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2000 6:10 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Tomcat 4.0 Milestone 2 - Trying to run it

Everything in the reply at the end is OK, except that build.sh DOES NOT
create a "webapps" directory under JAKARTA_HOME/tomcat4.0/ which is where
the tomcat runtime environment started from

        cd $JAKARTA_HOME/build/tomcat-4.0
        ./bin/catalina.sh start

expects to find it.  Maybe the build.sh script fails to create such a
directory.