tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "ann patil" <patil...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Please Help: Tomcat.policy files (security issue)
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:54:45 GMT
Hi,
   The (a) option is what I am trying to do ie. loading an applet from
tomcat,then trying to use that applet to communicate to some other
computer for database connection.Yes, I did create a .java.policy (security)
file to grant permission to the applet to connect other
computer that works fine when I run the applet from appletviewer in (jdk1.3)
but when I run the applet in the browser it gives me it gives
me 'java.security.AccessControlException:access
denied(java.net.SocketPermission test resolve)' error in the java plugin
console.

Maybe you never tried this but, if you have the slightest idea or any
suggestions that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ann.