tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "ann patil" <patil...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem invoking 'Applet' from a servlet (passing parameters)
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2000 16:38:49 GMT
Hi,

Directory Structure that I have on my side:

abc

main  (root)    in server.xml <context>

    applet
    1) Abc.java
    2) Abc.class

Used the following code to invoke the applet from the servlet:

out.println ("<HTML> <TITLE> Loading applet... </TITLE>");
out.println ("<applet codedebase="  "http://localhost:8080/main/applet/"
+ " code=Abc.class >");
out.println ("<param name=" + "userid" + "value=" + '"' + "Sam" + '"' + ">
</applet></html>");

Error after execution: 'error loading class file Abc.class' in the web
browser.
It searches for the class file in /main/servlet/  directory.

Can anybody please help me out ?

Am I missing something ? I need to pass parameters to my applet through
the servlet else I could had used the Redirect method.

Is there a way out ?

Thanks

Ann.